Saturday, October 9, 2010

Leave It To Beaver - The Last Episode.

FADE IN

INT. 
MAYFIELD BUSINESS DISTRICT - APPLIANCE STORE  
AFTERNOON

BEAVER CLEAVER and LARRY MONDELLO are walking
down an aisle of refrigerators and freezers.

BEAVER
Why'd you wanna come in here, Larry?

LARRY
Well, its cooler in here than outside. They got air conditioning. The only other place that has air conditioning is the movies and you got to pay to go in there.

BEAVER
Wow. Thats good thinking, Larry. It must be a hundred degrees outside.

LARRY stops to look inside a freezer. Impulsively he jumps inside.

LARRY
Hey, Beav, look at me. I'm a side of beef.

LARRY tries to imitate a dead cow.
 BEAVER giggles at his friend's antics.

BEAVER
You look more like a pig than a cow...

LARRY gets a hurt look on his face.

LARRY
Gee, Beaver, you didn't have to say that. Why do you have to call me a pig?

BEAVER
I don't know, Larry. I guess its because you remind me of a pig.

The store manager, BILL ROBERTS, appears at the end of the aisle.

BILL ROBERTS
Hey, little boy, where is your mom

BEAVER slams the freezer lid shut 
and turns to face the approaching manager.

BEAVER
She's home, sir.

BILL ROBERTS
Are you here with your father?

BEAVER
No, sir, his office already has air conditioning.

BILL ROBERTS
Well this is no place to be playing. You have to go.

BILL ROBERTS takes BEAVER by the arm and walks him out the store. 
 Camera zooms in on freezer latch showing that LARRY has been locked inside.

FADE OUT

FADE IN

INT. 
MAYFIELD SUBURB - THE CLEAVER HOUSEHOLD - BEAVER AND WALLY'S ROOM
NIGHT

WALLY is laying on his bed, wearing a baseball mitt
and repeatedly tossing a ball and catching it.
 BEAVER is standing by the window and nervously looking outside.

BEAVER
Hey, Wally, can I ask you something.

WALLY
Long as it aint something stupid.

BEAVER
How am suppose to know if I'm asking something stupid?

WALLY
Well... Go ahead and ask me. If it's stupid, then I'll throw this ball at you.

BEAVER
Gee, Wally, I don't want to get clobbered by a baseball. Can't you throw a pillow instead?

WALLY
You're lucky I don't throw a brick at you. But since you're my little brother, I guess I can throw a pillow at you this time.

BEAVER
But if its not a stupid question, you won't throw anything at me, right?

WALLY
Just ask your stupid question!

BEAVER
I don't know if I should...

WALLY
If you don't hurry up and ask your question, I will throw this ball at you. I'll bean ya' right in your big stupid head.

BEAVER
Okay. Okay. I just wanted to know how long someone can breathe inside a freezer.

WALLY
Why do you want to know that?

BEAVER bursts into tears. Wally sits up to look at his brother.

BEAVER (Talking fast while crying)
I think I killed Larry. I locked him in a freezer at the appliance store. I didn't mean to do it. I just didn't want the manager to catch him so I shut the lid.

WALLY
When did you do this?

BEAVER
Last week. And Larry hasn't been to school since.

WALLY
Relax you little goofball. If Larry was dead or missing, his parents would have called or something.

BEAVER
I know. That's why I cut the phone line.

WALLY
You jerk. No wonder I wasn't getting any calls.

BEAVER
I'm sorry, Wally, please don't be mad at me. I was just scared and didn't know what to do.

WALLY
Okay. Quit your crying. If Larry's parents couldn't get through on the phone, they would just come over...

BEAVER
Mrs. Mondello did come over.

WALLY
Really? What did she say?

BEAVER
I saw her coming up the walk and ran up behind her and hit her in the head with a baseball bat.

WALLY
Oh no, Beav, not my good Louisville Slugger...

BEAVER
I wiped off most of the blood.

WALLY
If you ruined my bat...

BEAVER
I didn't, Wally, honest. I only swung it one time.

WALLY
Well, you couldn't have hit her very hard. She must have got up and went home. I didn't see her laying outside.

BEAVER
That's because I dragged her body down into our cellar.

WALLY
Dad always goes down there. He's gonna find her body for sure.

BEAVER
I thought about that, too. That's why I wired the handle of the cellar door to a wall socket.

WALLY
Come to think of it, I haven't seen Dad for a couple days. But Mom would have told us if Dad was dead.

BEAVER
I thought of that, too. I put rat poison in the coffee pot.

WALLY
Gee. I thought it was funny that Mom was sleeping at the breakfast table. She's been sleeping at the
table all week.

BEAVER
Yeah. I don't think she'll be waking up.

WALLY
You really did it this time, Beaver!

BEAVER
It's all that manager's fault. I'm gonna get him for this.

WALLY shakes his head in astonishment
while BEAVER grins and schemes

FADE OUT

ROLL CLOSING CREDITS

No comments:

Post a Comment