Saturday, July 14, 2012

Subway Substitutions

Notice of advertising error (fraud?  bait and switch?) by Subways.  If you pay attention to commercials you may have noticed that Subway is currently hawking an Angus Steak & Cheese for $5.00.  Well if you plan on purchasing this sub from a restaurant in the Detroit suburbs, I can tell you now that it is not available. Their TV ad makes it appear that you can get this at any Subway you choose, but for the last three days and four different Subway restaurants, I have been told that they are out at the moment and should have it again later today or at the latest, tomorrow.  I went to a fifth store last night and was told that the Angus Steak & Cheese will not be in until next week.  Apparently, Subway did not count on the demand for this sandwich and thus did not order enough meat. I hope this to be true.  I do enjoy the Angus Steak & Cheese (that would be melted provolone cheese on Angus steak with lettuce, tomato, banana peppers and mayo on their herb and cheese bun.  YUM!)

The young lady who waited on me gave me this Angus ETA update.  No sooner did the words leave her mouth when a co-worker jumped into the announcement and claimed the meat could be in at any moment.  It became obvious that Subway employees had been instructed to keep their customer's mouths watering by promising an early return of the meat.  (And in the meantime would you care to order something else? Perhaps, a less tasty sub at a slightly higher price...)

So for the last several days, I have been seeking the elusive Angus Steak & Cheese and settling for inferior sandwiches.  I have had the under-cooked pink bacon of the BLT, the extremely dry  roast beef that needs gallons of fluids to wash down, the ketchup instead of sauce Pizza sub, and the Meatball Marinara that is warm on the outside and ice in the middle.

I still want an Angus Steak & Cheese.  They are tasty.  I just wonder if Subway is delaying the delivery of meat until the $5.00 price has elapsed.  On the TV just now, was the advertisement for Subway's Angus Steak & Cheese.  I know its not available...  unless the meat came in this morning...  could that be possible...   it would be nice...  I think I might take a ride and find out.  Here's hoping I don't return home with a Subway Tuna Melt.  (And it wouldn't surprise me if its the tuna that does the melting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment