Sunday, June 17, 2012

From Adam to the Garden

The new Adam Sandler movie is out.  This time he plays a wacky character with a silly voice.  I wonder how long it took him to come up with that premise.  What a stretch!

Did you know that if you total all of his movies, they have grossed over three billion dollars?  This weekend's "That's My Boy" release will add to that money.

Unfortunately, both Sandler and Tom Cruise's "Rock of Ages" lost this weekend's box office war to "Madagascar 3."  Apparently people prefer animal animation to goofballs or dwarfs.  But who can blame the movie going public when Martin Short's voice is in play.  Ah, a third of the Three Amigos...  the vocal styling of Ed Grimley... and a Dennis Quaid infused bloodstream.  Who could ask for anything more?

Here is something I learned this week.  I started watching a show called "The United Stats of America."  The key word there is Stats, not States.  Stats as in statistics.  Anyway, I learned that I have a better chance of bedding Charlize Theron than winning the Powerball.  Powerball odds are 1 in 175 million.  Supermodel odds are 1 in 88,000.  I found those stats fascinating.  I only wish they would have told me where to buy the Charlize ticket.

I spends a lot of time watching edjamikatable tv.  I is always be in lernt sumtem new.  Thanks to the Discovery channel I now know that 300 million years ago, the equator crossed over the State of Illinois.  If you so desired you could head to eastern Illinois and dig fossils out of the prehistoric rain forest that existed there 300 million years back.  On the off chance that you do go on an archaeological dig because of my words, and you have a massive find of historic geological importance (...you know, big bucks!), please do not forget to send my 15% cut.



No comments:

Post a Comment