Friday, June 18, 2010

A Few Brief Words

I have derelict in my blog duties. I admit this freely. About a week back I went to a doctor. It seems I have something called "peripheral neuropathy," a condition that makes my toes burn and go numb. This getting older crap is starting to really bother me. It seems like every year or so I get another form of aches and pains. At this rate, by the time I'm at retirement age, I will have to start coffin shopping.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I should go out pricing caskets now. I want to make sure I get a comfortable one. I plan to be in there for a long time. Do funeral homes let people test drive their coffins? If they want my business, they better!

Sorry, I got sidetracked. I was talking about my new ailment. The doctor prescribed a new pharmaceutical to ease up my symptoms. It may be working, I am not certain, for I am knocked for loop by this stuff. I take it before bed and then I sleep like I haven't slept since my teenage days. The next afternoon when I finally wake up, I feel alright although my powers of concentration seem to drift away. I'll be watching a TV show for about a half hour and then realize I have no idea what I'm watching. But that's okay, most of what's on television today is crap anyways.

(pause)

What was I gonna write about? I did have a topic when I started this, but I can't seem to recall it at this moment. Oh well, I'll try again later. It's time for my medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment