Monday, January 3, 2011

Pondering Politics

It may turn out that 2011 will be a very good year.  Only three days old and already the number of my followers has doubled.  

Another good thing about 2011 is that Michigan has a new governor; one that was not only actually born in the United States, but born in Michigan itself.  Our last Governor, Jennifer Granholm, was born in Canada.  That was one thing that confuses me about politics.  Why would people vote for someone who hails from someplace else.  Jeb Bush, a Texan, was Florida's Governor.  Florida's current Governor, Charlie Crist, hails from Pennsylvania.  Mitt Romney, a Michigander, was Utah's Governor.  His father, George Romney, who was Michigan's Governor back in the 1960s, was born in Mexico. Alaska'a Governor Parnell was born in California.  He replaced Sarah Palin who was born in Idaho.  Arizona's Governor Jan Brewer was born in California.  The list is long, but I will stop here.  You should get my point by now.  I don't mean to imply that these were bad leaders, although they are not all perfect.  I would like to know why they abandoned their home state.  If I was put in charge of helping out one state, I would not choose Georgia or Wyoming.  I would want to benefit Michigan as much as possible before considering looking elsewhere. So, I'm sorry Vermont, the building of my electric car plant will not be in your state.  Nor yours, Rhode Island.  I'm putting it in Michigan.

Old joke time again.  Stop me if you know this one.  Two men are standing at urinals.  They both finish at the same time.  The first man goes to the sink and turns on the water, while the second man heads for the exit.  The first man speaks loud enough for the second man to hear, "My mother taught me to wash my hands after taking a leak."  The second man looks back at the first man and says as he is leaving the bathroom, "Well my mother taught me not to piss on my fingers."

I will take my leave now and let you groan in private.




1 comment:

  1. I think that is a good point. I like Michigan because it snows but, i'm sure your tired of it. :)

    ReplyDelete